We’re excited to announce the release of NoMAD 1.0.5.
NoMAD 1.0.5 is primarily a maintenance release, however, we’ve fixed a few bugs, made things run a bit faster and have introduced a few new pref keys.
The bigger new features in 1.0.5 are the ability to have an LDAP-only environment where no AD is present and more granular controls on which users will have their password synced locally.
We are also localized in Spanish now as well, thanks to @lctrkid
– Not really a NoMAD bug, but NoMAD now cleans up klist output on macOS 10.10 that erroniously adds blank spaces for 0 in the issued timestamp.
– NoMAD is now happy to use network-only accounts from AD. Previously NoMAD would only work with mobile accounts.
– NoMAD pre-flights any password changes against the local system now before changing in AD. This ensures that any local password policies won’t prevent the password change from working.
– Significant changes to the password complexity warnings when changing passwords. The pref file will be much less finicky about having all of the complexity types in it. Also a popover will be shown and the user experience generally much better. Thanks to @ludeth for the help here.
– Get Software menu item will now prefer a custom path instead of any self service applications that are found. Previously NoMAD would always go to any of the installed Self Service apps and ignore the custom path.
ConfigureChromeDomain – String – This will allow NoMAD to configure a domain in Chrome for Kerberos authentication beyond just the AD domain. Set this to your top-level domain that has to do with Kerberos and NoMAD will use that and wildcard any subdomains.
HideGetSoftware – Bool – This will determine if NoMAD shows the Get Software menu or not.
HideSignOut – Bool – This will determine if NoMAD hides the Sign Out menu or not.
LDAPOnly – Bool – Sets NoMAD to just use LDAP instead of treating the remote server as AD. Essentially this just tells NoMAD to not lookup the password expiration information and get the groups in a slightly different way.
LocalPasswordSyncDontSyncLocalUsers – [String] – An array of user names that if they match the current local user, NoMAD won’t synchronize the password regardless of what user logs into AD.
LocalPasswordSyncDontSyncNetworkUsers – [String] – An array of user names that if they match the AD user signing into NoMAD, that NoMAD will not synchronize the password.
MenuChangePassword – String – Allows you to override the standard Menu Item text for Change Password.
MenuGetCertificate – String – Allows you to override the standard Menu Item text for Get Certificate.
PasswordExpirationDays – Integer – Allows you to override whatever AD tells you is the standard password reset interval.
PasswordExpireCustomAlert – String – Custom alert to show in the menu bar instead of days to go.
PasswordExpireCustomWarnTime – Integer – Will cause the custom alert to be only shown at a specific threshold, and in yellow.
PasswordExpireCustomAlertTime – Integer – Will cause the custom alert to be only shown at a specific threshold, and in red.
SignOutCommand – String – Path to a script or other binary that you want to execute when a user signs out of NoMAD.
UPCAlertAction – String – Path to a script or binary that you want to execute whenever a UPCAlert is triggered. Pull Request credit to Ryan Jenkins.
NoMAD 1.0.5 package installer and zip file are now available in Downloads.